The intent of my work with bronze is simply, to express the nature and the beauty of the material itself. My choice to use simple forms invites a closer connection to the creative process and frees the viewer to see the qualities of bronze without concern for subject or involved detail.
My vessels are made of bronze
- “Patina” is a controlled tarnishing, the coloring of the bronze. My patinas are widely varied. Some pieces may be available in different patinas.
- My sculptural pieces are created in editions of 21 – not all at once. I’ll make the simpler forms until I don’t want to.
- The finish on the bronze is wax – the traditional finish for sculpture. It only needs an occasional buffing with a soft cloth to restore the luster. Polished rims have been lacquered to prevent tarnishing.
- I do not flatten the bottoms of my vessels because I do not consider them functional.
- Each bowl form comes with a rubber ring stand. The boat forms have stone bases available in heights from 2 inches to 8 inches